It seems every house has at least one room that’s dark and has an air of dreariness hanging about it. If you have an older home, you may have more rooms with this feel. Billows Lighting Design Center is the Top Rated Local® lighting experts in Berlin, NJ. We specialize in all types of lighting, including interior lighting, outdoor lighting, basement lighting, bathroom lighting, and bedroom lighting. In this blog post, we’ll offer up tips on how to brighten up the dark room(s) in your home. Contact us today to get started!
TIPS TO BRIGHTEN UP DARK ROOMS IN YOUR HOME
- Pack the room with shiny objects. Shiny objects such as chandeliers, brass candlesticks, or even gold door knobs not only themselves brighten up a room, but they also reflect light.
- Count on the mirror effect. Mirrors reflect and bounce light, catching even light from the hallway and reflecting the light back into the room. Mirrors are not only great home accents, but they also are perfect for interior rooms of your home that perhaps have no natural light source of their own. For added effect, choose a brass mirror for the shiny effect as well. Wall sconces with mirrors are great options as well.
- Invest in shimmery or see-through curtains. Many people love thick curtains in bold colors, such as red, black, and navy blue. While perfect for privacy, these thick curtains are blocking out all your natural light. Invest in light colors and light weight fabric options for your window coverings to let the light in.
- Glass doors. Doors with glass are great ways to not only add a decorative touch to your room, but also to maximize the amount of light streaming in. If you want some privacy, opt for frosted or tinted glass, which will still let the light in. Frosted film for windows is also a great way to accessorize your home while still letting in natural light. Glass doors can also be used in hallways to keep the natural light flowing throughout the rooms of your home.
- Try skylights. While limited to the upper rooms of your home where you have access to your roof, skylights are a great way to not only let in natural light, but to also add aesthetic value to your home and increase the value of your home as well.
Billows Lighting Design Center in Berlin wants to partner with you to find the best lighting for your home. We understand that lighting and light fixtures can make a statement about yourself, as well as provide the much needed light you need to have a safe and functional home. With over 65 years of experience, our creative interior design lighting consultants can help you turn your home into a comfortable and bright place to live. When you visit our lighting showroom, you’ll gather literally hundreds of ideas on how to illuminate your home the way you envision. Contact us today for a free lighting consultation, or shop online now!